As a sole trader you will be required to register as self employed with HMRC and file a self assessment tax return every year. In order to complete your self assessment tax return accurately, you will have to keep a record of all of your income and expenditure during the year. Depending on your business, you may also have other obligations as a sole trader such as registering as an employer or registering for VAT.
If you are a sole trader or are planning on becoming self employed, we can advise you on all aspects and ensure that you meet all of your obligations with HMRC.
We offer the following services to sole traders:
- Registration as self employed with HMRC
- VAT registration and VAT return filing (See our VAT page for more information)
- Registration as an employer (See our Payroll page for more information)
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Annual sole trader accounts
- Preparation and submission of annual self assessment tax return
- Tax and accounting advice
- All correspondence with HMRC on your behalf
See our FAQs page for information on self assessment filing deadlines and penalties